Monday, March 16, 2015

WIKA "Wuthering Heights"

What I know about Wuthering Heights:  not a blessed thing other than it is writing by Emily Bronte, sister to (the now sainted in my estimation) Charlotte Bronte.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I, sadly, will have to go digital for this one.  I'll miss taking notes and underlining whole passages.  It's either go digital or wait two whole weeks to get the book.  I'm a creature significantly affected by entropy.  If I had to wait two weeks for the next in the series it is actually likely that I might not find my way back to this blog.

Chiefly it should be interesting to see how much of an influence her sister's writing had on her.  Also I wonder how much of their common experiences will be evident in the writing.

I've heard that Wuthering Heights is dark and creepy.  Apparently creepy enough to inspire a modern retelling called Wuthering High School.  From the Lifetime channel because...well...who else?

Pax,

W

No comments:

Post a Comment